Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
In the quickly evolving world of CPU cooling, it can be hard to keep track of the best heatsink on the market. However, X-bit Labs has just made the task a little easier by reviewing the Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, and comparing it to other high-end coolers.
Heres what they had to say:
The Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme is the best air cooler I have ever tested in the total of its characteristics. When cooling an overclocked quad-core CPU it is only second to the Enzotech Ultra-X, but the difference is negligible. And the Ultra-120 eXtreme is better in terms of noise. The new cooler is superior to the Scythe Infinity in every parameter: it performs better by 4-5°C at peak CPU load and is more compact and does not bend the mainboard. Moreover, the Ultra-120 eXtreme doesnt call for a second fan. Installing a second fan on it doesnt increase its performance much and doesnt help achieve a much higher CPU frequency at overclocking.
The Ultra-120 eXtreme is the best cooler on the market, bar none. However, those of you looking for the absolute best cooling performance should wait a few weeks, since Thermalright will soon be releasing the Inferno FX-14 and Ultima-90.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- QNAP TS-670 6-Bay NAS Review
- VisionTek 480GB mSATA SSD Review
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor Technology Previews
- Attitude One Tunguska 7.1 Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- AMD Radeon R9 270X Graphics Card Reviews - Gigabyte, HIS, MSI & More
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review