The 8GB Vista Experience
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Although it is a few days old, I just found this neat article demonstrating how Vista reacts to 8GB of system memory. The article was written by the fine folks over at BCCHardware, and I think its worth a quick read.
Lets see what they had to say:
Many gamers and enthusiasts will likely end up with a 4GB system as the prices of memory have dropped recently and make this very inviting, however 8GB would only be required if you are running tons of applications and at the same time trying to play BF2142 or some other bloated EA title. The truth is, gamers don't usually bog down their gaming systems and often spend hours cleaning them up and making them as lean as possible. In this situation 8GB would be serious overkill.
While the majority of users on our forum are now using 2GB, a strong transition to 4GB is definitely being seen. Not only does it provide a noticeable performance increase in certain situations, but with current memory prices, it is also an incredible deal. Does 8GB have a place in the enthusiast realm? Not at this time. Not only is it complete overkill, but it is sure to hinder your overclocking results as well.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review