MSI P35 Platinum Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
MSI has been designing quality motherboards since 1986. However, they have never really been embraced by the enthusiast community. Are their products simply not tailored to our needs, or has MSI carelessly been overlooked by overclockers? Lets find out! PCStats has just reviewed the MSI P35 Platinum motherboard, based on the new Intel P35 Express chipset.
Heres what they had to say:
As you can see in the overclocking tests the MSI P35 Platinum is the fastest Intel motherboard that we've ever tested reaching 504 MHz FSB! It's also a testament to the Intel P35 Express chipset, it's head and shoulders above everything else in terms of reaching high speeds. The two Intel P35 Express motherboards that have passed through the PCSTATS test labs rank 1 and 2 in terms of overclocking.
With a retail price of $214 CDN ($199 USD, £100 GBP), the MSI P35 Platinum is a moderately priced motherboard that supports a lot of goodies and is fast. If you're planning on upgrading or building a new system the MSI P35 Platinum should garner some consideration, it is a solid motherboard with a chipset that will support CPUs for the foreseeable future.
This motherboard reached an astounding FSB, the highest that Ive seen among all reviewed P35 Express boards. The bios is terrific, with enough options to squeeze every last Mhz out of every component. Also, you have got to love the intricate cooling system MSI has designed for this motherboard, its a true work of art! To top it all off, this motherboard has an extremely attractive price (~$170 USD). Its $45 cheaper than the comparable Asus P5K-Deluxe, and $70 cheaper than the Gigabyte P35-DQ6. What's not to like?
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- SuperTalent Pico 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Graphics Card Review
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 V2 Gaming Headset Review