OCZ Launches PC3-14400 DDR3 Modules
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Always on the cutting edge of memory products, OCZ has just announced the worlds first production PC3-14400 DDR3 modules, running at 1800Mhz 8-8-8. Were you initially underwhelmed by DDR3's performance? Well this should definitely help change your mind!
Heres what they had to say:
OCZ Technology Group, the worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today unveiled the next step to achieving maximum performance on the latest PC platforms with the launch of the Worlds first production PC3-14400 DDR3 modules. These OCZ kits are meant to set industry performance standards as well as accelerate the development of next-generation enthusiast platforms.
Tested and qualified to reach DDR3-1800 with ample overclocking capability and aggressive latencies, the OCZ PC3-14400 Platinum Edition is a true milestone. At 1800MHz, the OCZ PC3-14400 modules are rated to run CL8-8-8 to take the latest Intel platforms to previously unimaginable levels.
Now obviously this kit is going to cost an arm and leg, if not both arms and legs, but it is an excellent technology demonstration exercise. It will be interesting to see how Corsair responds, since at Computex they claimed to have functional 1866Mhz and 2000Mhz modules in-house.
Click here to read the press release.
Click here to check out the product page.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview