DFI nForce 680i LT-T2R Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
DFI is one of the only motherboard companies that is entirely devoted to catering to the enthusiast market, through advanced overclocking features and unique design. MadShrimps has just reviewed the DFI nForce 680i LT-T2R motherboard. Does it continue DFIs tradition of highly overclockable products? Lets find out!
Heres what they had to say:
First of all, front side bus performance has been absolutely great. With the limited time I've had to tune my system, I got nicely past 500 FSB for my E6700 cpu (my first time for this particular cpu), and also past 450FSB for my QX6700 cpu (a second first).
Second, memory performance of this board was great as well. Whereas absolute 2T speed was below expectations, bandwidth and latency results were absolutely great. The reason for these great results is of course the possibility to tune the GTL-ref voltages, a DFI only feature, for now.
This could have been another groundbreaking product from DFI. However, it arrived on the market much too late to capture the hearts and minds of the enthusiast community. As a result, unless you need SLI compatibility, it is truly hard to recommend this product over an Intel P35-based motherboard.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews