DFI nForce 680i LT-T2R Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
DFI is one of the only motherboard companies that is entirely devoted to catering to the enthusiast market, through advanced overclocking features and unique design. MadShrimps has just reviewed the DFI nForce 680i LT-T2R motherboard. Does it continue DFIs tradition of highly overclockable products? Lets find out!
Heres what they had to say:
First of all, front side bus performance has been absolutely great. With the limited time I've had to tune my system, I got nicely past 500 FSB for my E6700 cpu (my first time for this particular cpu), and also past 450FSB for my QX6700 cpu (a second first).
Second, memory performance of this board was great as well. Whereas absolute 2T speed was below expectations, bandwidth and latency results were absolutely great. The reason for these great results is of course the possibility to tune the GTL-ref voltages, a DFI only feature, for now.
This could have been another groundbreaking product from DFI. However, it arrived on the market much too late to capture the hearts and minds of the enthusiast community. As a result, unless you need SLI compatibility, it is truly hard to recommend this product over an Intel P35-based motherboard.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review