OCZ Announces AM2 Optimized 8GB Memory Kit
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
With memory prices at all-time lows, and everyone upgrading their systems, OCZ has seen fit to introduce an extravagant 8GB memory kit, specifically designed and optimized for the AM2 memory controller.
Lets see what they had to say:
OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today expanded their memory lineup for AMD enthusiasts and power users with new high-density 8GB Quad Kits. The new PC2-5400 Titanium 8GB (4x2GB) Quad Kits were designed exclusively for the AMD AM2 platform and are custom-tailored to the extended column address range of the AM2 memory controller. With a doubled page size, access penalties are reduced to ultimately improve system performance.
As demonstrated in this article, while 4GB is perfect, more seems a little excessive, which I know is a rarely uttered word in the enthusiast community. However, unless you are doing some massively complex photo or video editing, or 3D animation/modeling, I cannot phantom a reason why a gamer would need 8 gigabytes of system memory.
Click here to read the press release.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Func MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review
- NZXT Phantom 630 Full Tower Case Review
- AMD A10-6800K Richland APU Review
- ASUS RT-AC66U 802.11ac Wireless-AC1750 Router Review
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review