OCZ Announces AM2 Optimized 8GB Memory Kit
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
With memory prices at all-time lows, and everyone upgrading their systems, OCZ has seen fit to introduce an extravagant 8GB memory kit, specifically designed and optimized for the AM2 memory controller.
Lets see what they had to say:
OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today expanded their memory lineup for AMD enthusiasts and power users with new high-density 8GB Quad Kits. The new PC2-5400 Titanium 8GB (4x2GB) Quad Kits were designed exclusively for the AMD AM2 platform and are custom-tailored to the extended column address range of the AM2 memory controller. With a doubled page size, access penalties are reduced to ultimately improve system performance.
As demonstrated in this article, while 4GB is perfect, more seems a little excessive, which I know is a rarely uttered word in the enthusiast community. However, unless you are doing some massively complex photo or video editing, or 3D animation/modeling, I cannot phantom a reason why a gamer would need 8 gigabytes of system memory.
Click here to read the press release.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review