Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Overclocking Guide
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Without a doubt, the most sought-after processor right now is the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600. Following the July 22 price cuts, several online retailers sold their entire 1000+ unit stock in a matter of hours, which is quite extraordinary. With this in mind, Bit-Tech has just posted a terrific Q6600 overclocking guide.
Heres what they had to say:
Whats clear from our experiences is that the Core 2 Quad Q6600 seems to be that new bang for buck processor that, with a little bit of overclocking, is going to net you performance that is going to at least match the Core 2 Extreme QX6850, if not surpass it by some margin. Im sure there will be some that say you can overclock the QX6850 as well of course you can, but that is not the point.
Its too bad they could not get their hands on a G0 stepping, since that is what every major e-tailer is currently shipping. Now the obvious question is, do you need a quad-core processor, much less an overclocked quad-core processor? Probably not. In fact, it wont improve the performance of any current games. However, having four cores is just plain cool, and that is often enough for enthusiasts.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview