Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6950 Details Revealed
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
With the arrival of Intels 45nm processors only a couple of months away, it appears that some concrete details regarding a Yorkfield model has been leaked. NordicHardware has just revealed some new information regarding Intels next model in the Core 2 Extreme lineup, the predictably named QX6950.
Heres what they had to say:
As the 45nm technology reduces the size of core components there is more room for cache, and Intel has indeed filled the excess space with more cache, a total of 12MB L2 cache is present under the IHS. The processor will of course also have a 1333MHz FSB and this new model will be running at 3.33GHz. The price? Like all Core 2 Extreme it will start at $999 when it arrives during the forth quarter.
Based on early numbers, it appears that the Yorkfield architecture will perform at least 5-10% better than Kentsfield. Combine these architectural improvements with increased clock speeds, and we should see some groundbreaking performance numbers.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review