Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6950 Details Revealed
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
With the arrival of Intels 45nm processors only a couple of months away, it appears that some concrete details regarding a Yorkfield model has been leaked. NordicHardware has just revealed some new information regarding Intels next model in the Core 2 Extreme lineup, the predictably named QX6950.
Heres what they had to say:
As the 45nm technology reduces the size of core components there is more room for cache, and Intel has indeed filled the excess space with more cache, a total of 12MB L2 cache is present under the IHS. The processor will of course also have a 1333MHz FSB and this new model will be running at 3.33GHz. The price? Like all Core 2 Extreme it will start at $999 when it arrives during the forth quarter.
Based on early numbers, it appears that the Yorkfield architecture will perform at least 5-10% better than Kentsfield. Combine these architectural improvements with increased clock speeds, and we should see some groundbreaking performance numbers.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review