Asus P5K3 Premium Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
A little over two weeks ago, Asus revealed the highly innovative P5K3 Premium, which features 2GB of DDR3 built onto the motherboard. Legion Hardware has just posted the first review of this new motherboard.
Lets see what they had to say:
The P5K3 Premium is a true enthusiast board, offering extreme performance, excellent overclocking abilities and every feature under the sun. Legacy connectivity is almost nonexistent, with just one serial port and one PS/2 port surviving the culling. The wireless access point is a very handy onboard feature and I am sure many uses will appreciate it being there. ASUS now offers buyers an extensive range of Intel P35 motherboards, with twelve boards in total. While the performance of all twelve boards is very similar, they do vary greatly in price and features. Bottom line is the P5K3 Premium is a cool motherboard with a stupid price tag!
As you can see, the P5K3 Premium outperforms all traditional motherboards, although the improvements are not very significant. While this is obviously a niche product, if the MSRP really is $1299 USD, no one will buy it. Therefore, I suspect the price will be much lower. It will be extremely interesting to see what the top overclockers can achieve with this unique product.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review