Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-8500 Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
With memory prices crashing, most enthusiasts have been stocking up. Arguably, the most popular memory kits with enthusiasts have been Crucials Ballistix PC2-6400 and PC2-8500, due to the fact that they all contain the famed Micron D9 ICs, and are selling for very low prices. GotFrag Hardware has just posted a review of the Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-8500.
Theres what they had to say:
Once again Crucial has a winner on its hands. These sticks perform with the best out there in this price range. We see these online as low as $152 which is an incredible value for 2GB of RAM that overclocks this well. The system was Orthos stable (a stress test benchmark) at all speeds and gave us great performance with minimal hassle. The Micron D9 DRAM chips used on these modules continue to excel in their use on high-end, overclocked memory. If you are in the market for memory you have to give these a consideration, provided you are looking for faster-than-standard speeds. There are only a handful of memory kits that are rated 1244MHz and higher out of the box, so in that aspect you get RAM that competes with the best out there with an easy overclock.
Whats not to like? Cheap price, terrific overclocking headroom, and Crucials lifetime warranty.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review