Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-8500 Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
With memory prices crashing, most enthusiasts have been stocking up. Arguably, the most popular memory kits with enthusiasts have been Crucials Ballistix PC2-6400 and PC2-8500, due to the fact that they all contain the famed Micron D9 ICs, and are selling for very low prices. GotFrag Hardware has just posted a review of the Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-8500.
Theres what they had to say:
Once again Crucial has a winner on its hands. These sticks perform with the best out there in this price range. We see these online as low as $152 which is an incredible value for 2GB of RAM that overclocks this well. The system was Orthos stable (a stress test benchmark) at all speeds and gave us great performance with minimal hassle. The Micron D9 DRAM chips used on these modules continue to excel in their use on high-end, overclocked memory. If you are in the market for memory you have to give these a consideration, provided you are looking for faster-than-standard speeds. There are only a handful of memory kits that are rated 1244MHz and higher out of the box, so in that aspect you get RAM that competes with the best out there with an easy overclock.
Whats not to like? Cheap price, terrific overclocking headroom, and Crucials lifetime warranty.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- SuperTalent Pico 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Graphics Card Review
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 V2 Gaming Headset Review