Sparkle Calibre GeForce 8600GT Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
When it comes to video cards, few companies deviate greatly from the reference design due to cost concerns. Therefore, it is always refreshing to see a company come out with an innovative design and features. Bjorn3D has just posted a review of the Sparkle Calibre P860, a fairly unique GeForce 8600GT.
Heres what they had to say:
The strengths of the card are instead the quality of the components. Not only is the card very fast right out of the box, it overclocks like a dream, allowing a mainstream gamer on a budget to get even more performance out of it. The 512 MB DDR3 memory also helps the performance of the card. The card also does not cost much more than other brand 8600GT cards making it a very good buy as long as you do not need HDCP-support.
If youre in the market for a Geforce 8600GT, this would be a solid choice. Cool design, decent overclocking, and 512MB of GDDR3 (where as other 512MB models use GDDR2). Considering the lack of a bundle, I hope this card will be cheap, which will make it an even more attractive purchase.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review
- NZXT Kraken G10 Liquid GPU Cooler Bracket Review
- Tesoro Kuven 7.1 Virtual Surround Gaming Headset Review
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review