XIGMATEK HDT-S963 CPU Cooler Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
As I have said in the past, heatpipe tower heatsinks have become so common that it is difficult to differentiate between the various models. X-bit Labs has just reviewed the XIGMATEK HDT-S963, another heatpipe tower heatsink, but with an innovative base.
Heres what they had to say:
I have to admit that XIGMATEK managed to design a great cooling solution: efficient and quiet, and VERY efficient (but quite noisy) when necessary. All in all, it will be a good choice for quiet system lovers as well as for benchers with limited budget. The most important thing for this company, in my opinion, is to continue working on improving their solution by adding the fourth heatpipe, for example. At this time I have every reason to state that Cooler Master Hyper TX has finally got a very worthy competitor.
The use of the heatpipes as an integral part of the base is something we first saw with the 3Rsystem Iceage, and as I predicted, its a design that is being copied by other companies. Overall, this is a terrific heatsink, particularly due to its relatively small size. My only concern is availability, since I was not able to find it at any online retailer.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review