MSI P6N SLI vs Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI Motherboard Comparison
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Overall, the nForce 650i chipset, both Ultra and SLI variants, has been well received by enthusiasts as an affordable alternative to the higher-end nForce 680i SLI. HotHardware has just posted an interesting comparison between the MSI P6N SLI and the Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI, two capable but under-appreciated nForce 650i SLI-based motherboards.
Heres what they had to say:
The MSI P6N SLI Platinum and Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI are basically identical in terms of performance. The MSI P6N SLI Platinum did demonstrate an edge in Lame MP3 encoding, but nowhere else. For all intents and purposes, we wouldn't choose one board over the other based on performance alone. The benchmarks just don't favor one board enough to declare a clear winner in the performance category.
Its too bad that HotHardware received a lemon MSI P6N SLI Platinum, because it would have surely been a better overclocker than then Abit. The P6N SLI Platinum is actually one of the most highly-rated nForce 650i motherboards on the market. It may cost $20 more than the other boards in its class, but when the extra features are taken into account, it is money well spent.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review