Corsair VX450W Power Supply Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
As you may have read, Corsair has released two new power supplies. Rated at 450W and 550W, these arent high-end units, however they should be satisfactory for most mainstream configurations. Legit Reviews has just posted a review of the Corsair VX450W power supply.
Heres what they had to say:
With a targeted street price of $69, the Corsair VX450W would be priced just under competing brands in the 430-450W power supply market. At this price point, the Corsair VX450W was found to be a very robust power supply, but lacked modular cables. With modular power supplies being on the market for so long now it's interesting to see that Corsair didn't fit the VX family with modular cables, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker for many in this market as case windows aren't too common.
Overall, this seems like a solid addition to Corsairs power supply line-up. It is certainly priced very attractively for such a quality unit. I am curious as to how Corsair is going to market the VX550W, since it appears to compete directly with the companys own 520HX.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews