OCZ ModXStream 780W PSU Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
In April, OCZ announced the new ModXStream series of power supplies. These Gamer-oriented PSU's have a modular design, four +12V rails, and active PFC. Modders-Inc has posted a review of the OCZ ModXStream 780W power supply.
Lets see what they had to say:
On the performance side of things the voltage regulation on the +3.3V is not ideal and the +12V is pushing the edge. Had there been a little less fluctuation, we would have been happier. The efficiency was good pulling in an average of 81% and does have active PFC. The ModXStream did not like the crossload tests and we thought the +12V was a bit on the high side coming in only 0.01V below spec. The OCZ ModXStream series has a flat satin black finish, which is a little plain looking, but does have the blue LED fan to make up for it. The cables on the ModXStream are almost fully sleeved (all but the last inch or two). With modders, looks could be the deciding factor on which PSU they decide to purchase, so every little bit helps.
Im surprised that they encountered issues with this product. OCZs power supplies have always been highly regarded by consumers and reviewers alike. I suspect this might have been a faulty unit. However, we will have to wait for another review before making any final judgements.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review