Western Digital 750GB HDD Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While hard drives are not a particularly sexy component, they are the biggest bottleneck in todays computers. As such, most enthusiasts recognize the general performance gains that a speedy HDD can provide. HotHardware has posted a review of the new Western Digital WD7500AAKS, a 750GB SATA hard drive.
Lets see what they had to say:
The benchmarks speak for themselves: Western Digital took the winning Caviar SE16 formula, added perpendicular recording, and created a huge, yet speedy 7200RPM hard drive in the form of the WD7500AAKS. We took special note of how much better Western Digital's first generation perpendicular recording drive performed than Seagate's (the 750GB Barracuda 7200.10) in our testing. Overall, none of the other drives could touch the WD7500AAKS in our benchmarks.
Quite the dominant showing for the Western Digital hard drive. Im honestly surprised. While the Seagate 7200.10s may be the most popular hard drives on the market, they are clearly no longer the performance champions. It is nice to know that there are excellent alternatives available.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review