AMD Unveils New ATI FireGL Cards
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Although fairly insignificant for gamers, AMD has recently announced five new FireGL models, which represent the company's workstation-class graphics cards. This new line ranges from the FireGL V3600 to the V8650, with memory sizes from 256MB to 2GB.
Lets see what they had to say:
At SIGGRAPH 2007 today, AMD announced five new high-performance ATI FireGL workstation graphics accelerators for CAD, DCC and medical imaging professionals. The ATI FireGL V8650, FireGL V8600, FireGL V7600, FireGL V5600, and FireGL V3600 graphics boards are based on the next-generation ATI graphics processing unit (GPU) with an innovative unified shader architecture featuring up to 320 individual stream processing units. These new boards deliver acceleration of DirectX® 10- and OpenGL 2.1-based professional applications resulting in increased performance of more than 300% as compared to the previous generation of product.
Its been a while since ATI has released a new FireGL workstation graphics card, so Im sure animators and 3D CAD designers will be pleased with this announcement.
Click here to read the press release.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview