AMD Unveils New ATI FireGL Cards
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Although fairly insignificant for gamers, AMD has recently announced five new FireGL models, which represent the company's workstation-class graphics cards. This new line ranges from the FireGL V3600 to the V8650, with memory sizes from 256MB to 2GB.
Lets see what they had to say:
At SIGGRAPH 2007 today, AMD announced five new high-performance ATI FireGL workstation graphics accelerators for CAD, DCC and medical imaging professionals. The ATI FireGL V8650, FireGL V8600, FireGL V7600, FireGL V5600, and FireGL V3600 graphics boards are based on the next-generation ATI graphics processing unit (GPU) with an innovative unified shader architecture featuring up to 320 individual stream processing units. These new boards deliver acceleration of DirectX® 10- and OpenGL 2.1-based professional applications resulting in increased performance of more than 300% as compared to the previous generation of product.
Its been a while since ATI has released a new FireGL workstation graphics card, so Im sure animators and 3D CAD designers will be pleased with this announcement.
Click here to read the press release.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- QNAP TS-670 6-Bay NAS Review
- VisionTek 480GB mSATA SSD Review
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor Technology Previews
- Attitude One Tunguska 7.1 Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- AMD Radeon R9 270X Graphics Card Reviews - Gigabyte, HIS, MSI & More
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review