AMD Barcelona Launch Date Revealed
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
I know many of you have been waiting for this announcement, so without further ado, the AMD Barcelona launch date is on September 10th! This information comes from the fine folks over at ExtremeTech.
Here's what they had to say:
Advanced Micro Devices has begun sending journalists invitations to its "Barcelona" quad-core launch, which will take place on the evening of Sept. 10. According to published statements by the company, the first Opteron cores based on the new technology should be available at launch, which means that the company will likely start accepting preorders the next day.
The company has stated previously that "Barcelona production is on track for volume shipments at launch." AMD has achieved dual-core-equivalent yields on Barcelona production at Fab 36, AMD has said.
It will be interesting to see what strategy AMD uses post-launch. Will they flood the market with chips, or keep availability low, and prices high, to cash in on eager early adopters? I guess it all depends on what the benchmarks say...
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview