AMD Barcelona Launch Date Revealed
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
I know many of you have been waiting for this announcement, so without further ado, the AMD Barcelona launch date is on September 10th! This information comes from the fine folks over at ExtremeTech.
Here's what they had to say:
Advanced Micro Devices has begun sending journalists invitations to its "Barcelona" quad-core launch, which will take place on the evening of Sept. 10. According to published statements by the company, the first Opteron cores based on the new technology should be available at launch, which means that the company will likely start accepting preorders the next day.
The company has stated previously that "Barcelona production is on track for volume shipments at launch." AMD has achieved dual-core-equivalent yields on Barcelona production at Fab 36, AMD has said.
It will be interesting to see what strategy AMD uses post-launch. Will they flood the market with chips, or keep availability low, and prices high, to cash in on eager early adopters? I guess it all depends on what the benchmarks say...
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- SuperTalent Pico 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Graphics Card Review
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 V2 Gaming Headset Review