Asus Blitz Formula and Blitz Extreme Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
HotHardware has just posted an article reviewing the Asus Blitz Formula and Blitz Extreme motherboards. Both motherboards are built around Intels P35 chipset, but the Blitz Formula has DDR2 slots, while the Blitz Extreme supports DDR3.
Heres what they had to say:
Both the Asus Blitz Extreme and Blitz Formula performed very well throughout our entire battery of benchmarks. In some of the synthetic tests and in the game tests, the DDR3-1333 equipped Blitz Extreme was the best perfomer thanks to the increased memory bandwidth afforded by its faster RAM. In the desktop application benchmarks, however, which are more sensitive to latency, the Blitz Formula took the top spot more often than not.
Asus currently has thirteen(!) Intel P35 motherboards on the market. Aside from the P5K3 Premium, the Blitz series represents the companys enthusiast-oriented motherboards. These are obviously not cheap, but they are arguably the most overclocker-friendly motherboards on the market. At least until DFI releases the P35-T2R
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review