OCZ Introduces PC3-12800 Flex XLC DDR3 Memory Kit
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
It looks like things are slowly heating up on the DDR3 front. Following their recent launch of PC3-14400 DDR3 modules, OCZ has just announced the PC3-12800 Flex XLC DDR3 memory kit. These modules run at 1600Mhz, feature tight 6-6-6 timings, and also sport OCZs ingenious Flex XLC heatsinks, which can be air or water-cooled.
Heres what they had to say:
With the goal of providing proprietary technology combined with the latest industry platform hardware, OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today launched the OCZ PC3-12800 Flex XLC kit. This high-speed DDR3 solution features the industrys most unique and powerful cooling capability on the market. Intended for the extreme enthusiast looking for the absolute highest performance, the new Flex XLC delivers unprecedented speed and thermal management to cool the modules for optimal stability and longevity.
In early July, PC3-11100 was the fastest DDR3 you could find on the market. However, now there are kits that are much as 425Mhz faster, quite impressive in my opinion. It will be interesting to see who reaches the magical PC3-16000 (2000Mhz) mark first, they are definitely all working on it behind closed doors!
Click here to read the press release.
Click here to check out the product page.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- SuperTalent Pico 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Graphics Card Review
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 V2 Gaming Headset Review