OCZ Introduces PC3-12800 Flex XLC DDR3 Memory Kit
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
It looks like things are slowly heating up on the DDR3 front. Following their recent launch of PC3-14400 DDR3 modules, OCZ has just announced the PC3-12800 Flex XLC DDR3 memory kit. These modules run at 1600Mhz, feature tight 6-6-6 timings, and also sport OCZs ingenious Flex XLC heatsinks, which can be air or water-cooled.
Heres what they had to say:
With the goal of providing proprietary technology combined with the latest industry platform hardware, OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today launched the OCZ PC3-12800 Flex XLC kit. This high-speed DDR3 solution features the industrys most unique and powerful cooling capability on the market. Intended for the extreme enthusiast looking for the absolute highest performance, the new Flex XLC delivers unprecedented speed and thermal management to cool the modules for optimal stability and longevity.
In early July, PC3-11100 was the fastest DDR3 you could find on the market. However, now there are kits that are much as 425Mhz faster, quite impressive in my opinion. It will be interesting to see who reaches the magical PC3-16000 (2000Mhz) mark first, they are definitely all working on it behind closed doors!
Click here to read the press release.
Click here to check out the product page.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview