Samsung BDP-1200 Blu-Ray Player Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While the battle between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD is still on-going, many people have already made up their mind as to which format their prefer. Today, Accelenation has posted a brief review of the Samsung BDP-1200 Blu-Ray player.
Lets see what they had to say:
The Samsung BD-P1200 is now available in the $500-600 (CDN) range, which puts it above Toshiba's entry level HD-DVD players in terms of price. This product is definitely one targeted to home theater enthusiasts. With that price tag, early adopters of Blu-Ray get a full high definition experience. The player offers great image quality as well as an upscaling HQV processor. Some of the drawbacks right now would be the audio support on the player, or lack of TrueHD and DTS-HD as well as 5.1 audio on the digital audio outputs and there's always the looming question of the format war and who is going to win. Overall this player delivers solid features and quality, but at $600 I would also expect to also see features such as TrueHD.
I suspect the lack of TrueHD and DTS-HD will put off would-be buyers looking for the full high-definition experience. Also, if I was planning on spending $450-500 dollars on a Blu-Ray player, I would just pick up a PlayStation 3.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review
- NZXT Kraken G10 Liquid GPU Cooler Bracket Review
- Tesoro Kuven 7.1 Virtual Surround Gaming Headset Review
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review