Samsung BDP-1200 Blu-Ray Player Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While the battle between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD is still on-going, many people have already made up their mind as to which format their prefer. Today, Accelenation has posted a brief review of the Samsung BDP-1200 Blu-Ray player.
Lets see what they had to say:
The Samsung BD-P1200 is now available in the $500-600 (CDN) range, which puts it above Toshiba's entry level HD-DVD players in terms of price. This product is definitely one targeted to home theater enthusiasts. With that price tag, early adopters of Blu-Ray get a full high definition experience. The player offers great image quality as well as an upscaling HQV processor. Some of the drawbacks right now would be the audio support on the player, or lack of TrueHD and DTS-HD as well as 5.1 audio on the digital audio outputs and there's always the looming question of the format war and who is going to win. Overall this player delivers solid features and quality, but at $600 I would also expect to also see features such as TrueHD.
I suspect the lack of TrueHD and DTS-HD will put off would-be buyers looking for the full high-definition experience. Also, if I was planning on spending $450-500 dollars on a Blu-Ray player, I would just pick up a PlayStation 3.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Corsair Carbide Air 540 ATX Cube Case Review
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 780 WindForce 3X OC Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Z Sound Card Video Review
- Corsair Vengeance K70 Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASUS Radeon HD 7970 3GB Matrix Platinum Edition Review
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review