Intel Xeon X3210 Quad-Core Processor Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
With Intels recent price drops, quad-core processors have finally been pushed into the mainstream. While the Q6600 G0 core is the current hot seller, the Xeon X3210 is also proving extremely popular due to its slightly cheaper price. TechGage has just posted a review of the Intel Xeon X3210 2.13GHz quad-core processor.
Heres what they had to say:
If you are simply looking for a Quad-Core at the best price, you cannot go wrong with this one. It retails for $260 - $270 and offers four cores at a very respectable clock speed. It's rare to see a value like this... and just last year, it would have not crossed our minds. That said, if you -are- interested in overclocking a Quad-Core, do what you can to find a G0 revision, as they have slightly lower TDPs and tend to overclock better.
While they tested a B3 version, many people have been getting G0 core X3210s, which run cooler and overclock a bit better. Unless you really need to save $20-30, its probably a good idea to buy a Q6600 instead, as the stock 9X multiplier is more versatile for overclocking purposes.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review
- NZXT Kraken G10 Liquid GPU Cooler Bracket Review
- Tesoro Kuven 7.1 Virtual Surround Gaming Headset Review
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review