Intel To Introduce Nine Penryn Processors
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
This is a little dated, but DigiTimes is reporting that Intel will be launching nine Penryn 45nm processors.
Heres what they had to say:
Intel recently increased the number of 45nm-based CPUs it plans to launch for desktop PCs to nine, according to sources at motherboard makers.
Within the nine CPUs, five will be dual-core processors (Wolfdale) and the remaining four will be quad-core (Yorkfield). All will adopt a 1333MHz FSB. Model numbers for the upcoming products are still undecided, noted the sources.
The more the merrier. Im really surprised to see that the quad-core 3.33Ghz Core 2 Extreme QX6950 is not a launch processor. Is Intel withholding the chip because of yield issues, or because they believe the 3.16Ghz part can compete with whatever AMD has to offer? We will have to wait and see!
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seasonic Platinum Series 600W Power Supply Review
- Corsair Vengeance 2100 Gaming Headset Reviews
- HIS R7 260X iPower IceQ X2 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vector 150 240GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Sennheiser G4ME One Gaming Headset Review
- BitFenix Ronin Mid-Tower Case Review
- ASUS Radeon R9 290X DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Kingston DataTraveler HyperX Predator 1TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review