Intel To Introduce Nine Penryn Processors
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
This is a little dated, but DigiTimes is reporting that Intel will be launching nine Penryn 45nm processors.
Heres what they had to say:
Intel recently increased the number of 45nm-based CPUs it plans to launch for desktop PCs to nine, according to sources at motherboard makers.
Within the nine CPUs, five will be dual-core processors (Wolfdale) and the remaining four will be quad-core (Yorkfield). All will adopt a 1333MHz FSB. Model numbers for the upcoming products are still undecided, noted the sources.
The more the merrier. Im really surprised to see that the quad-core 3.33Ghz Core 2 Extreme QX6950 is not a launch processor. Is Intel withholding the chip because of yield issues, or because they believe the 3.16Ghz part can compete with whatever AMD has to offer? We will have to wait and see!
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review