HIS Radeon HD 2600 XT IceQ Turbo Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
The Radeon HD 2600 has now been out for a little over 2 months, and manufacturers continue to release new and unique products built around this GPU. Bit-Tech has just posted a review of the HIS Radeon HD 2600 XT IceQ Turbo GDDR3.
Heres what they had to say:
HISs Radeon HD 2600 XT IceQ Turbo GDDR3 graphics card showed a lot more promise than the GDDR4-based Sapphire HD 2600 XT we looked at last week, but we still dont think its quite enough to really make a consistent challenge against its competitors. Both the GeForce 8600 GT and the previous generation of mid-range hardware performs better on average when anti-aliasing is enabled. In many of these cases with AA enabled, the frame rate delivered by these cards is a playable one the same cannot be said for the Radeon HD 2600 XT unfortunately.
Featuring an upgraded cooler, and impressive clock speeds, this is very decent Radeon HD 2600 XT. However, as the reviewer explicitly mentions, there are better options in the mid-range.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review