Intel Core 2 Duo E2160 Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
There has arguably never been a better time to build a new computer. Component prices have dropped across the board, and consumers are getting unprecedented bang-for-the-buck. This is particularly true in the budget processor sector, where AMD and Intel have introduced impressively cheap, yet capable, new products. NeoSeeker has posted a review of the Intel Core 2 Duo E2160, an affordable dual-core processor.
Heres what they had to say:
At <$100, getting a dual processor that will clock to over 3GHz - 3.2GHz with our sample - is nothing to sneeze at. Sure, AMD has even cheaper parts - the AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ comes to mind - however there is no question that this chip will outperform it for number crunching and gaming. The X2 4200+ which is at the same price point at stock does outperform the E2160 for business applications; however once we overclock the E2160, again, its no contest.
Since there is only a $25 difference between the E2160 and the E4300, I would obviously recommend the latter, since the Core architecture benefits greatly from the extra L2 cache in certain applications. Also, the E4300 tends to overclock better than its cheaper sibling.
Click here read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview