Kingston HyperX PC2-6400 CL3 Memory Kit Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While tight latencies are not particularly beneficial on Core 2 systems, they are highly sought after by many enthusiasts, if only for bragging rights. TechGage has just posted a review of the Kingston HyperX PC2-6400 CL3 memory kit.
Lets see what they had to say:
If you are looking for a modest kit with great latencies, this kit will serve you well. Although 400MHz is far from being considered 'high-performance', it's tight 3-3-3 timing-set help it walk away a winner. However, as we seen throughout our graphs, if you are at all interested in overclocking your CPU, you can achieve far greater performance with increasing the memory frequency, even while loosening up the timings.
This is a highly flexible memory kit, ranging from 400Mhz 3-3-3 to 610Mhz 5-5-5, its perfect for any configuration. In particular, its very well suited for Socket AM2 Athlons, because their integrated memory controller benefits from lower latencies.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview