Kingston HyperX PC2-6400 CL3 Memory Kit Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While tight latencies are not particularly beneficial on Core 2 systems, they are highly sought after by many enthusiasts, if only for bragging rights. TechGage has just posted a review of the Kingston HyperX PC2-6400 CL3 memory kit.
Lets see what they had to say:
If you are looking for a modest kit with great latencies, this kit will serve you well. Although 400MHz is far from being considered 'high-performance', it's tight 3-3-3 timing-set help it walk away a winner. However, as we seen throughout our graphs, if you are at all interested in overclocking your CPU, you can achieve far greater performance with increasing the memory frequency, even while loosening up the timings.
This is a highly flexible memory kit, ranging from 400Mhz 3-3-3 to 610Mhz 5-5-5, its perfect for any configuration. In particular, its very well suited for Socket AM2 Athlons, because their integrated memory controller benefits from lower latencies.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- SuperTalent Pico 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Graphics Card Review
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 V2 Gaming Headset Review