OCZ PC2-6400 CL3 FlexXLC Edition Memory Kit Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
OCZ just recently announced the PC2-6400 CL 3 FlexXLC Edition memory kit, and surprisingly, Overclock3D has already posted a review of this new product.
Lets see what they had to say:
To be honest I was expecting slightly bigger things form the modules as far as overclocking was concerned, but given that overclocking can be a hit and miss affair dependent upon quite a number of variables and the uncertainty of component mass production. However, all things considered the OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 CL 3 FlexXLC Edition modules are certainly no slouch when it comes down to performance. With the ability to be able to run tight timings of 3-4-4-15 at stock timings on a non-EPP based motherboard, OCZ are certainly onto a good thing.
From 400Mhz 3-4-4 to 547Mhz 5-6-6 is quite respectable, however you could probably attain superior results with Crucial Ballistix. Nevertheless, OCZ has managed to create a highly flexible memory kit, and since the price is reasonable, its definitely worth a look.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review