OCZ PC2-6400 CL3 FlexXLC Edition Memory Kit Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
OCZ just recently announced the PC2-6400 CL 3 FlexXLC Edition memory kit, and surprisingly, Overclock3D has already posted a review of this new product.
Lets see what they had to say:
To be honest I was expecting slightly bigger things form the modules as far as overclocking was concerned, but given that overclocking can be a hit and miss affair dependent upon quite a number of variables and the uncertainty of component mass production. However, all things considered the OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 CL 3 FlexXLC Edition modules are certainly no slouch when it comes down to performance. With the ability to be able to run tight timings of 3-4-4-15 at stock timings on a non-EPP based motherboard, OCZ are certainly onto a good thing.
From 400Mhz 3-4-4 to 547Mhz 5-6-6 is quite respectable, however you could probably attain superior results with Crucial Ballistix. Nevertheless, OCZ has managed to create a highly flexible memory kit, and since the price is reasonable, its definitely worth a look.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- QNAP TS-670 6-Bay NAS Review
- VisionTek 480GB mSATA SSD Review
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor Technology Previews
- Attitude One Tunguska 7.1 Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- AMD Radeon R9 270X Graphics Card Reviews - Gigabyte, HIS, MSI & More
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review