OCZ PC2-6400 CL3 FlexXLC Edition Memory Kit Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
OCZ just recently announced the PC2-6400 CL 3 FlexXLC Edition memory kit, and surprisingly, Overclock3D has already posted a review of this new product.
Lets see what they had to say:
To be honest I was expecting slightly bigger things form the modules as far as overclocking was concerned, but given that overclocking can be a hit and miss affair dependent upon quite a number of variables and the uncertainty of component mass production. However, all things considered the OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 CL 3 FlexXLC Edition modules are certainly no slouch when it comes down to performance. With the ability to be able to run tight timings of 3-4-4-15 at stock timings on a non-EPP based motherboard, OCZ are certainly onto a good thing.
From 400Mhz 3-4-4 to 547Mhz 5-6-6 is quite respectable, however you could probably attain superior results with Crucial Ballistix. Nevertheless, OCZ has managed to create a highly flexible memory kit, and since the price is reasonable, its definitely worth a look.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review