First Look: GECUBE Dual GPU Gemini 3
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Our friends over at TweatTown have just posted a preview of the GECUBE Dual GPU Gemini 3, a dual Radeon HD 2600 XT video card.
Heres what they had to say:
As you can see from the results, the Gemini 3 offers some pretty good performance increases in Crossfire mode compared to single GPU mode. Its not twice the performance, but in Call of Juarez its close at 1024x768. Its not an amazingly fast card but in this case theres two issues, first of all the CPU we used is not as fast as the one we normally use, and secondly we have a feeling that the DDR2 memory is holding back the full potential of this card, but more on that in the full review.
Although this could be a fairly decent product, GECUBE has really limited the Gemini 3 by outfitting it with DDR2. I suspect that they chose this route in order to cut costs, and ensure that the video card wouldnt be overpriced. However, it will surely be outperformed by rival dual GPU products, which will undoubtedly feature superior GDDR3 or GDDR4.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview