First Look: GECUBE Dual GPU Gemini 3
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Our friends over at TweatTown have just posted a preview of the GECUBE Dual GPU Gemini 3, a dual Radeon HD 2600 XT video card.
Heres what they had to say:
As you can see from the results, the Gemini 3 offers some pretty good performance increases in Crossfire mode compared to single GPU mode. Its not twice the performance, but in Call of Juarez its close at 1024x768. Its not an amazingly fast card but in this case theres two issues, first of all the CPU we used is not as fast as the one we normally use, and secondly we have a feeling that the DDR2 memory is holding back the full potential of this card, but more on that in the full review.
Although this could be a fairly decent product, GECUBE has really limited the Gemini 3 by outfitting it with DDR2. I suspect that they chose this route in order to cut costs, and ensure that the video card wouldnt be overpriced. However, it will surely be outperformed by rival dual GPU products, which will undoubtedly feature superior GDDR3 or GDDR4.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews