Ultra X-Pro 800W Power Supply Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While Ultra has had some serious issues with its power supplies in the past, in particular the X-Connect models, the company has revitalized its lineup with several top-notch Andyson built products. Benchmark Reviews has just posted a review of the Ultra X-Pro 800W power supply.
Lets see what they had to say:
My final thoughts could very well spoil the entire conclusion, but I really can't avoid it. The Ultra X-Pro 800W Aluminum PSU is certainly the best built power supply I have ever seen, hands down. Additionally, the ULT33185 proved to provide some of the cleanest, most stable power I have measured to date. What I originally thought to be just another high-wattage PSU turned out to have more features and functionality than I had seen in the past; even despite the lack of modular cables.
What more is there to say? With the X-Pro 800W, Ultra has managed to create a terrific power supply. However, the lack of 8-Pin PCI-E connections is an important oversight. If you need them, then you should check out the Ultra X3 800W, which is arguably even better than the X-Pro.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review