Ultra X-Pro 800W Power Supply Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While Ultra has had some serious issues with its power supplies in the past, in particular the X-Connect models, the company has revitalized its lineup with several top-notch Andyson built products. Benchmark Reviews has just posted a review of the Ultra X-Pro 800W power supply.
Lets see what they had to say:
My final thoughts could very well spoil the entire conclusion, but I really can't avoid it. The Ultra X-Pro 800W Aluminum PSU is certainly the best built power supply I have ever seen, hands down. Additionally, the ULT33185 proved to provide some of the cleanest, most stable power I have measured to date. What I originally thought to be just another high-wattage PSU turned out to have more features and functionality than I had seen in the past; even despite the lack of modular cables.
What more is there to say? With the X-Pro 800W, Ultra has managed to create a terrific power supply. However, the lack of 8-Pin PCI-E connections is an important oversight. If you need them, then you should check out the Ultra X3 800W, which is arguably even better than the X-Pro.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review