Asus Blitz Formula Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
In late 2006, Asus launched the Republic of Gamers product line with the Crosshair, quickly followed up by the Striker Extreme. This July, Asus introduced the Blitz Extreme and Blitz Formula, Intel P35 Express-based motherboards supporting DDR3 and DDR2 respectively. PC Perspective has just posted a review of the Asus Blitz Formula motherboard.
Heres what they had to say:
The Asus Blitz Formula truly is a magnificent motherboard specimen; by offering up a great set of features on a P35 motherboard and designing it for high speed overclocking Asus has set a high bar for all Intel-platform offerings to strive for. Some of the unique features like the optional watercooled north bridge heatpipe, Crosslinx multi-GPU improvements and the included copy of STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl really add to the overall package of this most recent Republic of Gamers motherboard. Add in little extras like the power/reset/CMOS buttons, LEDs to visually indicate over-volting and an external LCD POST indicator and you have an even more impressive package.
If you have the money, and want the best, this motherboard is definitely worth a look. Its a particularly interesting purchase if you already have a watercooling setup, since you can cool the northbridge, and squeeze out every last megahertz.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review