OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 Platinum Edition Memory Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
For the last few years, OCZ has been recognized as one of the premiere providers of high-end memory. In fact, along with G.Skill, they were among the first memory manufacturers to offer enthusiast-level 4GB memory kits. ProClockers has posted a review of the OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 Platinum Edition memory kit.
Heres what they had to say:
We'd like to thank OCZ Technology for providing this 4GB Platinum Edition PC2-6400 kit for our review today. While the exterior glossiness of the platinum heatspreaders was very impressive, we were more astonished by the overhead we enjoyed during our overclocking tests. We were able to get more than 100MHz out of each module, which deserves much kudos and should enhance every users Vista experience. Our gaming tests didnt see too many improvements in performance, but most likely future games will take advantage of what 4GBs of RAM has to offer. This RAM kit easily earns Pro-Clockers Editors Choice Award for being an extreme overclocker and an affordable solution for gamers to upgrade their high-end systems.
While the 933Mhz overclocked speed may not be particularly attractive to most enthusiasts, this memory kit is still quite decent for most regular consumers. It is fairly affordable, undeniably stable, and the heatsink is quite attractive.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review