Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800 2GB Memory Kit Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Bjorn3D has just reviewed the Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800 2GB memory kit.
Lets see what they had to say:
From the tests that we ran today we can draw some very good conclusions. First is that memory responds better to higher speeds than it does tight timings. Of course we also saw that if you can tighten the timings at the same speed you will see an even bigger gain in performance. Though if it comes down to one or the other the route that yields the greater boost is more speed. We also saw that a CPU bound game run at a medium resolution receives no boost from faster speeds, tighter timings or a jump to DDR3. Many people may be under the impression that they will receive big gains from jumping to DDR3 but this just isn't the case. On the other hand if you run programs that require the extra bandwidth such as editing or 3D modeling then you can expect to see nice gains from DDR3.
This memory kit uses Micron chips, and therefore overclocks extremely well. They were able to achieve 1940MHz 8-8-8 with only 1.9 volts, which is pretty remarkable. This particular kit could surely have hit the magical 2000Mhz mark with a little bit more voltage.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review