Nesteq ECS7001 700W Power Supply Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
DriverHeaven has just tested the innovative Nesteq ECS7001 700W power supply.
Heres what they had to say:
The Nesteq ECS7001 700W had all the potential to claim one of our highest awards. Its subtle looks and patented cable design will most certainly appeal to modders, while its excellent electrical performance and efficiency could make it a great choice for enthusiasts and overclockers. It also remained extremely quiet and because of the patented connectors it should be a perfect choice for HTPC users.
However our review sample would unfortunately shut down 100W short of its top power specification under all conditions, which is certainly not something an enthusiast desires. Sure enough, its performance up to 600W load is marvelous; but when you buy a 700W unit, you want the full 700W out of it.
While this is a terrific power supply in most respects, it can only sustain a 600W load, which is obviously disappointing. It will be interesting to see whether the issue experienced with this unit is simply an isolated incident or is the norm.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review