GeForce 8800 GT SLI & Radeon HD 3870 CrossFire Comparison
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
T-Break has just tested the efficiency and performance of the GeForce 8800 GT SLI and Radeon HD 3870 CrossFire configurations.
Heres what they had to say:
Out of the nine games we tested, Crossfire has better efficiency than SLI in five of them. However, the extra efficiency is not enough for Crossfire to overtake the SLI in raw scores at higher resolution/details in four out of these five games. And thus, even though Crossfire scores more games on the efficiency tests, we cant help but recommend SLI purely because of its raw power to post faster scores- especially if you like gaming at higher resolutions which should be the case with anyone buying two graphics cards.
The SLI configuration is the fastest, particularly at very high resolutions. However, both of these options provide awesome gaming performance, and should satisfy all but the most demanding gamers.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review