BFG Tech ES-800 Power Supply Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
PC Perspective has just reviewed BFG Techs new 800W power supply, the aptly named ES-800.
Heres what they had to say:
The new BFG ES-800 is a definite step up from their earlier power supply models. The overall efficiency is excellent, voltage regulation is very good, and the +12V outputs are very clean. The ES-800 packs 800W of DC power into a compact chassis that will fit inside most any enclosure and it operates quietly under normal operating conditions. The variable operating frequency technology appears to be working as the overall efficiency is very good across a wide range of loads. The ability of this PSU to startup and operate with zero load on the +3.3V and +5V outputs should be of interest to certain modders and users with Peltier (TEC) cooling devices. And lets not forget BFG Techs life-time warranty and 24/7 tech support!
The high-end 800-850W PSU market is quite competitive right now, and the ES-800 ($230) definitely joins the Silverstone DA800 ($220) and Zalman ZM-850 HP ($220) at the top of the list. No matter which model you choose, you really cant go wrong.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review