BFG Tech ES-800 Power Supply Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
PC Perspective has just reviewed BFG Techs new 800W power supply, the aptly named ES-800.
Heres what they had to say:
The new BFG ES-800 is a definite step up from their earlier power supply models. The overall efficiency is excellent, voltage regulation is very good, and the +12V outputs are very clean. The ES-800 packs 800W of DC power into a compact chassis that will fit inside most any enclosure and it operates quietly under normal operating conditions. The variable operating frequency technology appears to be working as the overall efficiency is very good across a wide range of loads. The ability of this PSU to startup and operate with zero load on the +3.3V and +5V outputs should be of interest to certain modders and users with Peltier (TEC) cooling devices. And lets not forget BFG Techs life-time warranty and 24/7 tech support!
The high-end 800-850W PSU market is quite competitive right now, and the ES-800 ($230) definitely joins the Silverstone DA800 ($220) and Zalman ZM-850 HP ($220) at the top of the list. No matter which model you choose, you really cant go wrong.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- SuperTalent Pico 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Graphics Card Review
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 V2 Gaming Headset Review