AMD Radeon HD 4800 Series Ahead of Schedule
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Are you anxiously awaiting for the next-generation graphics card to arrive? Well, you will be glad to know that TG Daily is reporting that that the RV770 GPU is in production, which means that the Radeon HD 4800 series should be released sooner than anticipated.
Heres what they had to say:
Unlike the ATI that we knew before, it appears that AMDs graphics division is running perfectly these days and ahead of deadlines. Even though the graphics unit has posted an $8 million loss in the first quarter of this year in an effort to improve market share rather than average selling prices - the graphics business is making progress: We hear the company has struck gold with the RV770 and will be bring the chip to market earlier than expected.
Sounds promising, lets hope that AMD really can roll out a significant number of products in May. If they can succeed in doing so, they might force NVIDIA to push forward the GeForce 9900 series, which is rumoured to be launched in July. Keep your eyes and ears open, we have an interesting couple of weeks coming up!
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review