Ten-Way Dual & Quad-Core CPU Scaling Comparison
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Guru3D has just tested the in-game scaling performance of ten dual and quad-core processors.
Lets see what they had to say:
Though AMD offers price wise a slightly more affordable Quad-core solution, we can not deny and ignore the fact Core 2 Quad is the faster processor. Especially the new Core 2 Quad 45nm Penryn based processors offer a little extra punch. The QX9770 kicks ass in every foreseeable segment, but unfortunately it's downright expensive. No, the winner in this article has to be the 45nm Penryn based Core 2 Quad Q9450. At 300 USD this processor offers leading performance at a leading price.
Lets focus on two of the most popular processors, the 2.67Ghz Core 2 Quad Q9450 outperformed the 3.0Ghz Core 2 Duo E8400 in every game, except for GRAW 2, sometimes by up to 25%. Having said that, at high resolutions, the difference between the two models is often a mere 1-2 FPS. It is because of this fact that I find it hard to recommend the $350 Q9450 over the $200 E8400...unless it is within your budget, of course.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review