Ten-Way Dual & Quad-Core CPU Scaling Comparison
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Guru3D has just tested the in-game scaling performance of ten dual and quad-core processors.
Lets see what they had to say:
Though AMD offers price wise a slightly more affordable Quad-core solution, we can not deny and ignore the fact Core 2 Quad is the faster processor. Especially the new Core 2 Quad 45nm Penryn based processors offer a little extra punch. The QX9770 kicks ass in every foreseeable segment, but unfortunately it's downright expensive. No, the winner in this article has to be the 45nm Penryn based Core 2 Quad Q9450. At 300 USD this processor offers leading performance at a leading price.
Lets focus on two of the most popular processors, the 2.67Ghz Core 2 Quad Q9450 outperformed the 3.0Ghz Core 2 Duo E8400 in every game, except for GRAW 2, sometimes by up to 25%. Having said that, at high resolutions, the difference between the two models is often a mere 1-2 FPS. It is because of this fact that I find it hard to recommend the $350 Q9450 over the $200 E8400...unless it is within your budget, of course.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review