ASUS & MSI P45 Motherboard Comparison
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
MadShrimps has just tested and compared two P45 Express motherboards from ASUS and MSI.
Heres an excerpt:
The Asus Maximus II Formula is noticeably more expensive than the MSI P45 Platinum. Does that mean that it's not worth the money? Definitly not. As the M2F is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series, it has been packed with a lot of extras, really ... a lot. LCD Poster, extra fans, fancy cooling unit, fancy looking board and so on.
Furthermore, I'd say that the M2F is a tad better when it comes to overclocking. Although it's still too early to give a conclusive opinion as many people are still trying out different settings (as well are we) and both manufacturers release a new BIOS every other week which improve stability and overclockability. At the moment I'm writing this, I have seen the Asus clocked at 600FSB 3DMark stable, whereas the MSI only reached 550-560FSB. Much can still be improved; however, we'll keep you updated.
Both of these models are impressive, but the Maximus II Formula is definitely the King of P45 motherboards.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review