Silicon Power 32GB Solid State Disk Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Guru3D has just reviewed the Silicon Power 32 GB solid state drive.
Lets see what they had to say:
Again we see an impressive SSD product. At first I was a bit weary about testing this drive as another review on the web was a bit negative on the read & write performance. Once I figured out we received the newest revised version straight from the factory and noticed the first performance results, I admittedly was a bit shocked. Certainly the write-speed can be improved, but guys come on .. over 60 MB/sec is just real fast as it is already. The bottleneck remains smaller files. Smaller than 16KB will result in an incremental decrease of write performance. So if you want to run an OS on this drive, it's definitely something you need to consider. It's not the end though, yet in certain situations every now and then that performance will be below par, and that's where for example a WD Raptor would shine.
This seems like another great SSD, but availability seems to be an issue since I could not find it for sale anywhere.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review