Brothers in Arms - Hells Highway VGA Performance Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Guru3D have posted a VGA performance analysis of the brand new Brothers in Arms - Hells Highway PC game.
Heres an excerpt:
At 1920x1200 we are still at a very GPU bound resolution, yet a lot of you guys already have a 21-24" monitor supporting this resolution. Your starting graphics card at minimum should be a GeForce 8800 GT or Radeon HD 3870 which are very affordable cards.
At 1600x1200 the GPU starts to matter less and less, and the CPU is becoming increasingly important. The upside for this is that lower cost graphics cards often can handle this resolution pretty well. And that shows as at 1600x1200 a cheapo Radeon HD 3850 would be sufficient as well as a GeForce 9600 GT.
At the lowest measured resolution (1280x1024) we notice that the only card struggling is a GeForce 8600 GTS with 256MB frame-buffer. For this card you'll need to lower image quality settings, or much better ... get a new graphics card. The rest of the bunch, even the sub 90 USD Radeon HD 4670 will render the game perfectly fine.
A good brief performance analysis, Im definitely looking forward to the proper reviews.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review