ECS X58B-A Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Guru3D have posted a review of the ECS X58B-A motherboard, which is based on the upcoming Intel X58 Express chipset.
Here's an excerpt:
"But the reality is simple, for seriously hefty overclocking, you need to look elsewhere. My advice to ECS is simple, focus on exactly this item, the BIOS versus tweakability. Once that improves, the stigma as an OEM manufacturer will be abolished.
Anyway, you have to agree with me, there's got to be a good market for both. Because not everybody would want to or can afford a 300 to 400 USD motherboard. So while the ECS overclocking BIOS features were a little sober, there's just nothing else wrong with the mainboard, from ground up you'll get all the X58 chipset features and a whole lot more than say, Intel's own X58 motherboard. So if the baseline performance of a Core i7 product is good enough for your humble self, I say why not? Really... it's fast... there is nothing, absolutely nothing I'd do or can say to get in your way to prevent you from purchasing this motherboard. "
This seems like a great little motherboard, and it offers much better value than most other X58 motherboards will. Frankly, off the top of my head, its only real competitor will be Intel's own DX58SO "SmackOver", which is sure to be a relatively affordable model as well.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review