ECS X58B-A Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Guru3D have posted a review of the ECS X58B-A motherboard, which is based on the upcoming Intel X58 Express chipset.
Here's an excerpt:
"But the reality is simple, for seriously hefty overclocking, you need to look elsewhere. My advice to ECS is simple, focus on exactly this item, the BIOS versus tweakability. Once that improves, the stigma as an OEM manufacturer will be abolished.
Anyway, you have to agree with me, there's got to be a good market for both. Because not everybody would want to or can afford a 300 to 400 USD motherboard. So while the ECS overclocking BIOS features were a little sober, there's just nothing else wrong with the mainboard, from ground up you'll get all the X58 chipset features and a whole lot more than say, Intel's own X58 motherboard. So if the baseline performance of a Core i7 product is good enough for your humble self, I say why not? Really... it's fast... there is nothing, absolutely nothing I'd do or can say to get in your way to prevent you from purchasing this motherboard. "
This seems like a great little motherboard, and it offers much better value than most other X58 motherboards will. Frankly, off the top of my head, its only real competitor will be Intel's own DX58SO "SmackOver", which is sure to be a relatively affordable model as well.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review