EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 55nm Superclocked Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have posted a review of the EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 55nm Superclocked Edition graphics card.
Let's see what they had to say:
"All in all, if you have bought a GTX 260 with 216 SPs, you have nothing to fear considering the 55nm version doesnt give you any tangible benefits. With prices of the 65nm GTX 260 cards falling through the floor, the card reviewed here today probably isnt too appealing at this juncture but it shouldnt be written off too quickly. It occupies the tough position of a transitionary product that some (myself included) were hoping would bring better overclocking and lower power consumption to the table. These hopes werent fully borne out and that comes as a disappointment. It is as plain and simple as that."
To summarize, it appears that the new 55nm model does not provide any substantial benefits over its 65nm brethren, so if you can find the latter on discount, buy it.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review