EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 55nm Superclocked Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have posted a review of the EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 55nm Superclocked Edition graphics card.
Let's see what they had to say:
"All in all, if you have bought a GTX 260 with 216 SPs, you have nothing to fear considering the 55nm version doesnt give you any tangible benefits. With prices of the 65nm GTX 260 cards falling through the floor, the card reviewed here today probably isnt too appealing at this juncture but it shouldnt be written off too quickly. It occupies the tough position of a transitionary product that some (myself included) were hoping would bring better overclocking and lower power consumption to the table. These hopes werent fully borne out and that comes as a disappointment. It is as plain and simple as that."
To summarize, it appears that the new 55nm model does not provide any substantial benefits over its 65nm brethren, so if you can find the latter on discount, buy it.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Func MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review
- NZXT Phantom 630 Full Tower Case Review
- AMD A10-6800K Richland APU Review
- ASUS RT-AC66U 802.11ac Wireless-AC1750 Router Review
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review