Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 1GB Passive Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have reviewed a passively-cooled Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 1GB graphics card, specifically the GV-R485MC-1GI.
Here's what they had to say:
"With awesome passive cooling results and excellent performance despite slightly lower memory clock speeds it seems like Gigabyte has a winner Indeed, looking around various retailers, gives us the distinct impression that this may be the fastest passively cooled card available right now. As we said before; the GV-R485MC-1GI will be a godsend to HTPC or silent PC users who want a bit of gaming power in addition to completely silent operation. Unfortunately, at this point it carries with it a price which is some $40 above many other HD 4850s and is within spitting distance of the HD 4870 512MB. How does this all play out in our eyes? Its a Dam Good product that needs some serious price cuts."
If you're a noise-o-phobic, then you know that the search for a fast but silent graphics card is often a long and frustrating ordeal. Thankfully, with this model, Gigabyte have provided consumers with the best of both worlds. Sure there is a little price premium, but frankly it is quite reasonable given the top-notch overall package.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview