Mushkin Redline Ascent 6GB DDR3-1600 Memory Kit Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have posted a review of the Mushkin Redline Ascent 6GB PC3-12800 memory kit, which features impressive 6-7-6 timings at a mere 1.65V.
Here's what they had to say:
"So there are definitely some decisions to be made when looking for your next kit of DDR3-1600 memory, but you can't argue with the price, performance, and overclocking of the Mushkin Redline Ascent 3x2GB PC3-12800 6-7-6-18 memory. For what would be considered the thick of the mid-range kits, the Redline Ascents definitely bring a high-end value based on the results we obtained today. I mean, where else are you going to be able to run 900MHz+ at CL6 for daily use, then turn up the voltage a little and run DDR3-2000 at 7-8-7 for some benching while staying under $250 USD?"
Although obviously pricier than your mainstream PC3-12800 kits, much of which have minimal overclocking headroom, this Mushkin kit is definitely an impressive product, and would look great combined with an ASUS Rampage II Extreme, EVGA X58 Classified, or Foxconn BloodRage.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- SuperTalent Pico 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Graphics Card Review
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 V2 Gaming Headset Review