Mushkin Redline Ascent 6GB DDR3-1600 Memory Kit Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have posted a review of the Mushkin Redline Ascent 6GB PC3-12800 memory kit, which features impressive 6-7-6 timings at a mere 1.65V.
Here's what they had to say:
"So there are definitely some decisions to be made when looking for your next kit of DDR3-1600 memory, but you can't argue with the price, performance, and overclocking of the Mushkin Redline Ascent 3x2GB PC3-12800 6-7-6-18 memory. For what would be considered the thick of the mid-range kits, the Redline Ascents definitely bring a high-end value based on the results we obtained today. I mean, where else are you going to be able to run 900MHz+ at CL6 for daily use, then turn up the voltage a little and run DDR3-2000 at 7-8-7 for some benching while staying under $250 USD?"
Although obviously pricier than your mainstream PC3-12800 kits, much of which have minimal overclocking headroom, this Mushkin kit is definitely an impressive product, and would look great combined with an ASUS Rampage II Extreme, EVGA X58 Classified, or Foxconn BloodRage.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review