G.Skill Falcon 128GB Solid State Drive Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have posted a review of the G.Skill Falcon 128GB solid state drive.
Here's what they had to say:
"The only possible sticking point with this drive is price. Its not cheap, at least the iterations with enough storage are not cheap. This tech technology is still much more expensive than any mega sized 7200rpm (10K) 2.5 HDD out there, so some may argue its not a great value for everyone. We personally think 128GB is more than enough for most people
.right now (no guarantees about tomorrow) and while costly, its still not that much more than a VelociRaptor, which it eats for lunch and craps out WD 640GB Black Editions. In the end it really all depends on what you consider expensive.
For the enthusiast community we consider the G.Skill Falcon 128GB to be a very, very good deal when compared to the Intel X-25M, and it is cheaper than other cutting edge enthusiast SSDs out there. So, while our judgment may be controversial we think the best thing we can say about this drive is it is a Dam Good Value. It may not be for everyone, but everyone who pulls the trigger on it WILL like it."
Although not cheap, the Falcon is among the most affordable 128GB SSDs on the market, and considering the fact that it doesn't really have any performance issues, it's easy to recommend to anyone planning to make the leap to an SSD.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review