MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have posted a review of the high-end MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 motherboard, which is based on the AMD 790FX chipset and SB750 southbridge.
Let's see what they had to say:
"We must admit, the MSI 790FX-GD70 has left us with a very positive impression.
Beginning with physical aspects of the board, wed have to say that the overall layout of the GD70 is very good. Considering that it is stacked with expansion slots, MSI did a great job of keeping most connectors and components out of the way. The chipset position and large passive cooling solution is also top-notch. Not only does it look great, it is actually very functional and kept the toasty components nice and cool.
From an overclockers perspective, the GD70 is an excellent board. Not only can the latest 1.5b1 BIOS release unlock both X2 550 and X3 720 processors, but it can also provide plenty of juice and stability to take them to their limits. Buyers with standard edition Phenom II processors will also be pleased to know that reference clock frequencies beyond 300MHz are very realistic with the GD70. Our memory overlocking experiences were not pleasant, but this has more to do with physical limitations of Phenom II processors than the board or memory modules themselves."
This seems like a worthwhile competitor to market leaders like the ASUS M4A79T Deluxe and Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P. MSI is definitely doing some solid work improving their product line(s).<
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews