ASUS Rampage II Gene mATX X58 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
X-bit Labs have posted a review of the ASUS Rampage II Gene, an enthusiast-oriented MicroATX X58 motherboard.
Let's see what they had to say:
"As for the actual Asus Rampage II Gene mainboard discussed today, it turned out an extreme success. Pretty good accessories bundle, smart and convenient layout despite small size, excellent BIOS functionality, superb CPU and memory overclocking potential all these things command respect and change the way we take this small microATX mainboard. There are a few drawbacks, but they are insignificant and can be easily eliminated. And dont be misled by the kids size of the Asus Rampage II Gene mainboard: it is a fully-functional solution that will give a head start to many competitors out there. The only restriction we uncovered is the higher power consumption in nominal mode. If you are not planning to overclock your CPU, then maybe you should consider a more energy-efficient mainboard. In all other vases, Asus Rampage II Gene will never disappoint you."
Click here to read the full review.
If you are in the market for a compact Core i7 system and want to do some heavy overclocking as well, this is the only motherboard you should consider.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review