AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz AM3 Processor Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
PCSTATS have posted a review of the AMD Athlon II X2 250, 3.0GHz dual-core AM3 processor.
Let's see what they had to say:
"Indeed, at $96 CDN ($87 USD, £55 GBP), the biggest competition the Athlon II X2 250 has is from other AMD processors. The Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition tends to be a little bit faster across the board, and doesn't cost a whole lot more. AMD also has a ton of processors in the $65-90 range that are still on shelves, some of which have larger cache sizes and clock speeds than the Athlon II X2 250, and make it more difficult for the first Athlon II processor to really distinguish itself.
That's more of an issue for AMD's retail managers than for the well-educated readers of PCSTATS though. If you're looking to spend less than $100 on a new AMD CPU upgrade, the Athlon II X2 250 is a very easy choice. It's power-efficient, cool, inexpensive and has enough CPU horsepower and overclocking potential to let you keep up with today's desktop applications."
This is a solid budget-oriented processor, but I recommend that you spend a little more money and get a Phenom II X2 545 instead, which has 6MB L3 cache that the Athlon II X2 lacks.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review