OCZ Agility EX 60GB Solid State Drive Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have posted a review of the OCZ Agility EX 60GB, a high-end solid state drive that is manufactured with durable & high-performance single layer cells (SLC).
Here's what they had to say:
"There is no getting around the fact that the OCZ Apex EX is one hell of a fast drive. So much so that there were very few competitors that could even touch it in most of our benchmarks and it even surpassed some of OCZ s previously high-end drives. It is actually the first drive we have seen that ties the Intel X-25M in our IO Meter torture tests which is definitely saying a lot.
In the all important area of latency it is obvious that MLC NAND chips are really holding back the Indilinx drives since the SLC-equipped Agility EX really seems to pull away from its lower-end brethren in certain cases. The improved latency combined with the lowest stutter test results of ANY Solid State drive almost guarantees that your system is going to feel snappier even if you are replacing another SSD with this drive."
Although not cheap at $400, this is still one of the cheapest SLC-based SSDs on the market, and it's a terrific option for those who want superior durability and performance.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review