OCZ Agility EX 60GB Solid State Drive Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have posted a review of the OCZ Agility EX 60GB, a high-end solid state drive that is manufactured with durable & high-performance single layer cells (SLC).
Here's what they had to say:
"There is no getting around the fact that the OCZ Apex EX is one hell of a fast drive. So much so that there were very few competitors that could even touch it in most of our benchmarks and it even surpassed some of OCZ s previously high-end drives. It is actually the first drive we have seen that ties the Intel X-25M in our IO Meter torture tests which is definitely saying a lot.
In the all important area of latency it is obvious that MLC NAND chips are really holding back the Indilinx drives since the SLC-equipped Agility EX really seems to pull away from its lower-end brethren in certain cases. The improved latency combined with the lowest stutter test results of ANY Solid State drive almost guarantees that your system is going to feel snappier even if you are replacing another SSD with this drive."
Although not cheap at $400, this is still one of the cheapest SLC-based SSDs on the market, and it's a terrific option for those who want superior durability and performance.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- QNAP TS-670 6-Bay NAS Review
- VisionTek 480GB mSATA SSD Review
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor Technology Previews
- Attitude One Tunguska 7.1 Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- AMD Radeon R9 270X Graphics Card Reviews - Gigabyte, HIS, MSI & More
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review