ATI Catalyst 10.1 Windows 7 Driver Analysis
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
TweakTown have posted an informative performance analysis of the new ATI Catalyst 10.1 Vista graphics driver.
Here's what they had to say:
"While the 10.1 is being considered a standard driver, Terry has come out on Twitter and said, "CatalystMaker: 10.1 is just a standard release to fix up some bugs, but 10.2 and 10.3 will indeed have some major new features". So the good news is that while this driver isn't the most exciting, hopefully we have something more to talk about in February and March.
At the end of it all, there's nothing wrong with the 10.1 driver and you may as well take the chance to upgrade. If you're on one of the new HD 5600 cards, though, you'll be disappointed to know that this set doesn't support the newly released model."
Nothing special about this release, avoid it unless you are currently experiencing issues.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review