ATI Catalyst 10.1 Windows 7 Driver Analysis
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
TweakTown have posted an informative performance analysis of the new ATI Catalyst 10.1 Vista graphics driver.
Here's what they had to say:
"While the 10.1 is being considered a standard driver, Terry has come out on Twitter and said, "CatalystMaker: 10.1 is just a standard release to fix up some bugs, but 10.2 and 10.3 will indeed have some major new features". So the good news is that while this driver isn't the most exciting, hopefully we have something more to talk about in February and March.
At the end of it all, there's nothing wrong with the 10.1 driver and you may as well take the chance to upgrade. If you're on one of the new HD 5600 cards, though, you'll be disappointed to know that this set doesn't support the newly released model."
Nothing special about this release, avoid it unless you are currently experiencing issues.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review